Tuesday, March 11, 2014

“I said to myself, if I’m going to cark it (die) I’m going to have a beer, so I got a Goldie out of the fridge and drank that.”

 Snakeman Raymond Hoser holds an Inland Taipan in Melbourne November 7, 2008. The Inland Taipan is the deadliest snake in the world, its bite has enough venom to kill 50 adult human beings. As the weather becomes warmer, snakes become more active.    Reuters/Mick Tsikas (AUSTRALIA) - RTXACM6

Rod Sommerville, 54, made a very interesting decision after being bitten by a deadly eastern brown snake in Queensland, Australia. Somerville hit the snake on the head, killing it, called the ambulance and grabbed a beer from the fridge.

He said that he knows panic makes situations of this sort worse, so he decided to remain calm, reports the New Zealand Herald.

4 comments:

  1. Now that's what I call attitude. Living life to it's fullest and spitting in the face of death. With maybe minutes to live....he grabs a cold one.

    hbbill
    Somewhere behind enemy lines,
    Peoples Republik of Kommiefornia

    Reality doesn’t bend over to accommodate fantasy or sentimentality. ~Jack Donovan, Violence is Golden

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I remember when my buddy laid his spear-gun gun down incorrectly and when I turned around the tip went into my leg. When the paramedics came they saw me drinking a beer and told me I couldn't do that so I chugged it. :)

      Delete
    2. Good on ya mate.

      hbbill
      Somewhere behind enemy lines,
      Peoples Republik of Kommiefornia

      Delete