Saturday, December 20, 2014

First Humans in America were likely European

Via Billy

 

I didn’t know I was witnessing the discovery of history-shaking evidence when I went to an archaeological dig in Titusville, Florida back in the mid-1980s.  At the time, I was taking photos and writing an article about the dig for Brevard Community College in Cocoa, Florida.

The memories of that project came rushing back to me when I turned on the History Channel’s “America Unearthed” on November 2, 2014.  To my surprise, the Titusville site, known as the Windover Archaeology Site, was being featured.

According to the program, a total of 168 ancient skeletons estimated to be 14,000 to 25,000 years old were unearthed at the site.  Thanks to the natural preservative nature of the bog where they were buried, they were in remarkable condition.

4 comments:

  1. hmmmmmmmm interesting. I was at that archaeological site in the mid 80's. At that time they dated the site at approx. 10,000 to 12,000 years old..........now they have doubled that.......seems those types can't ever agree on anything..........I always felt that the Norse and the Welsh beat the Spanish here by a considerable amount of time, but, I'll reserve my thoughts to ancient "froggies" appearing on these shores before my people...........this country has taken almost everything possible away from Indian people they could think of except finding this place first..........now someone deems it in vogue to change even that...........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. & Confederates must be descendent's of Indians, so they are naturally bad........:)

      Delete
  2. This pokes yet another hole in the Clovis-first theory.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's a good piece.

      http://history.howstuffworks.com/history-vs-myth/clovis1.htm

      Delete