Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Kevin Myers: Harsh as they were, my views on Africa had to be expressed

 I Luv SA

Via comment by Daniel on An Irish perspective on Africa

Dated

As promised, the follow up article by Kevin Myers. You can just drop any pretense at racism: Africa is a problem. No need to resort to the K or the N word. Facts are facts, and it takes a brave man like Kevin Myers to say it straight into the blast of a hot furnace of misplaced white guilt and hypocrisy...Drop the racist rhetoric and let the facts speak for themselves...

This futilitarian is soldiering on...For today...


Last Friday week, with famine approaching yet again, I wondered about the wisdom of forking out yet more aid to Ethiopia.

Since the great famine of the mid-1980s, Ethiopia's population has soared from 33.5 million to 78 million. Now, I do not write civil service reports for the United Nations: I write a newspaper column, and I was deliberately strong in my use of language — as indeed I had been when writing reports from Ethiopia at the height of that terrible famine.

Since dear old Ireland can often enough resemble Lynch Mob Central on PC issues, I braced myself for the worst: and sure enough, in poured the emails. Three hundred on the first day, soon reaching over 800: but, amazingly, 90%+ were in my support, and mostly from baffled, decent and worried people. The minority who attacked me were risibly predictable, expressing themselves with a vindictive and uninquiring moral superiority. (Why do so many of those who purport to love mankind actually hate people so?)

More @ ILUVSA

14 comments:

  1. It is what it is - I love it when people tell the truth - the good, the bad and the ugly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is what it is

      Yup and you sound like my tax lady. :)

      Delete
    2. Haha - you made me laugh!

      Delete
    3. I sure need it today ;(

      Delete
    4. As do we all, my dear. :) Maybe hit the gin bottle. :)

      Delete
  2. This is why I believe the "Feed the Children" program needs to stop. For years we have feed the children and all they have done is reproduce many times over without making any strides towards providing for self.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was the best article I've read in awhile. This and the one about feminists being the cause of the marxist takeover. (Which would have happened anyway..history is cyclical, but not linear.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://www.censorbugbear.org/africa/south-africa/bbc-discovers-white-genocide-in-south-africa

    "preparation and then extermination"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Then why aren't white Afrikaners fighting and killing their enemy for their country
    and existence. I know the majority in SA is the black devil but remember the Alamo.

    ReplyDelete