Saturday, August 1, 2015

Pensions and Medicare after an Economic Collapse

Via Skynet

viernes, 20 de septiembre de 2013
 "......... we ended up with a society where being unemployed, or being a single mother with two or three children by the time you were fifteen was a wise choice financially speaking."
I have read and studied your book (The Modern Survival Manual: Surviving the Economic Collapse) thoroughly about the 2001 Economic Collapse in Argentina. I have searched through the book and your blog and there is an area that was not touched upon that is of great concern to me and to others my age.

What happened to the Social Security payments that retired people were receiving. Did payments stop all together - forever ? Was it halted temporarily and then resumed after some time ? If it was resumed was it at the original amount or at a reduced payment rate.

2 comments:

  1. In other words they will pay but what they pay with will be worth nothing. Fine by me honestly I have had to live under the knowledge there won't be any SS left by the time I retire anyway. I been planning for it as a matter of fact. The only question that concerns me is will the public pensions be treated the same way or will the government try and continue to rob the private sector to pay off the public sector welfare state?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They'll steal everything they can get their hands on, I am sure.

      Delete