Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Guilty Until Proven Innocent: When leftist protesters can’t handle the truth.

Via David


On the day I was scheduled to speak at USC this week, a column appeared in the Daily Trojan, titled “David Horowitz Does Not Belong On Campus.” The author, an Iranian student named Lida Dianti, justified her desire to ban me from speaking by claiming that I was a racist and anti-Muslim, and that I “vilified Palestinians.”

In fact, I have been a lifelong defender of minorities and particularly African Americans, having been in my first civil rights march 68 years ago, during the Truman administration, almost half a century before Lida Dianti was born. Dianti justifies her claim that I am an anti-black racist with these words:
 “He has refuted the prevalence of institutionalized racism,” and “[dismissed] the systems that actively oppress black Americans.”

Well, if I’ve “refuted” the claim that there is institutional racism then what is the complaint?

Apparently, the complaint is that the truth is racist. This actually captures my view of the protests against conservative speakers on this and other campuses: The protesters can’t handle the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment