- The attempted coup has failed
- 2,800 soldiers arrested, 104 ‘coup plotters’ killed
- 2,745 judges across the country dismissed
- Eight Turkish soldiers involved in coup seeking asylum in Greece
- Travel advice for Australians
TURKEY’S coup has been squashed and government reprisal promises to be merciless.At least 2,800 military officers have been detained throughout Turkey, the state-run news agency Anadolu reports.
The latest death toll stands at 265, including 161 civilians and police. The rest are “coup plotters”, officials say.
A further 1154 were reported wounded in the bloody uprising.
According to one military official, more than 100 “coup plotters” have been killed.
“The coup attempt has been foiled,” acting army chief General Umit Dundar said.
Dundar said the coup attempt “was rejected by chain of command immediately” and 104 men responsible have since been killed.
More @ News AU