Sunday, August 6, 2017

One Day

 Lies of Omission

There have been a lot of times when I have been ready to step off the porch and take up the torch of American freedom, but always I have been counseled that I am jumping too quick. Okay, I am the sort of barroom brawler that you would expect of oilfield trash, so my temper is often too short and my feet too quick to move, but as I have grown older, I have learned to take good counsel from others and submerge my more spontaneous instincts.

And, in the past, they have been right, it was too early, but that does not mean that the injustices weren't real, or that they didn't deserve a response, only that few others would have reacted the way I would and I would have been standing out there by myself, with no sympathy, with no support, just swinging alone and ridiculed by those who should have been standing next to me. Which harkens back to the concept of the initial Declaration of Independence, when it was understood that they either hung together or they would surely hang separately.

There is a moment when a government becomes so corrupt that it can no longer be tolerated by the people and I suggest that we are there.

No comments:

Post a Comment