Tuesday, January 23, 2018

NC: Large Confederate flag raised in highly visible area in Burke County

Via comment by Reborn on The South and Northern Finance Imperialism

 https://mediaweb.wsoctv.com/photo/2018/01/22/Confederate%20Flag%20in%20Burke%20County_1516652063909.jpg_10549899_ver1.0_1280_720.jpg
The Sons of Confederate Veterans said it cost nearly $7,000 to raise the flag and they hope to put one up in every county in North Carolina along I-40.

A 20-foot tall, 30-foot long Confederate flag was raised near exit 94 on Interstate 40 on private land over the weekend.

The Sons of Confederate Veterans participated in the flag-raising ceremony over the weekend.

Since the flag is on private property, it can be illuminated after dark.

More with video @ WSOC

10 comments:

  1. I'd love to the THE flag illuminated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean I would love to see the Confederate flag
      illuminated during the hours of darkness.
      Sorry, been chasing too many raccoons away from
      the chicken house.

      Delete
    2. :) I figured that out. I never have, but have you eaten a Raccoon? I'l like a taste.

      Delete
  2. No, but I did eat some Possum. Just got to get over that
    mind thing. You might get your chance to eat Raccoon if
    all Hell breaks out, for whatever reason.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I was just mentioning to someone the other day that I hadn't had a squirrel for ages.

      Delete
  3. I had heard Squirrel was good, I think I was told it tastes like chicken. Speaking of Raccoons, one nite I left the bird
    seed out on the porch banister so I went out to bring the feed
    in and there was this huge Raccoon eating the feed. He climbed
    off the banister and came up to the door and did a little
    circle like a cat and went back up the banister. Real
    friendly. Come to find out there were other sightings of
    real friendly Raccoons - they had distemper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Raccoons make good pets, but you need to get them as babies. They can be potty trained and are friendly, but they like to sleep in tight spaces and you must not wake them up by shaking them! :)

      Delete
  4. Is that the Kernersville exit - it does look vaguely familiar?

    ReplyDelete