Monday, July 8, 2019

An Okie From Muskogee


As someone who grew up during the decade of the 1960’s, I am paying attention when I hear those on the Left talking of the events which took place 50 years ago. I was born in Dallas, Texas, but my family moved to Fairfax County, Virginia, when I was four. I lived in Northern Virginia during that decade. At the beginning of the 1960’s, most all children my age lived in a home where we were raised by both of our biological parents, who were married to each other. At the time my mother died two and a half years ago, my parents had been married for 73 years. She was a full-time wife and mother, as most mothers at the time were. That was her full-time job. Robert L. Dabney properly predicted the decline of today’s society as a result of the woman leaving the home in his essay “Women’s Rights Women.”

No comments:

Post a Comment