Thursday, June 25, 2020

BET Founder Robert Johnson Mocks Crowds Pulling Down Statues, Canceling TV Shows, Apologizing For Being White

 Robert Johnson, founder of Black Entertainment Television (BET), speaks to the media during the Allen & Co. Media and Technology Conference in Sun Valley, Idaho, U.S., on Tuesday, July 9, 2013. Media dealmakers digesting $53 billion of mergers, spinoffs and acquisitions announced so far this year, head to Allen & Co.s Sun Valley conference this week to lay the groundwork for more.
Johnson also mocked “white privilege,” and those who get on social media and apologize for being white.
“You know, that to me is the silliest expression of white privilege that exists in this country. The notion that a celebrity could get on a Twitter feed and say, ‘Oh my God, I am so sorry that I am white.’ I don’t find any black people getting on Twitter and saying, ‘Oh, I’m so sorry I’m black.’ And we got the worst problems. … My thing is: embrace being white and do the right thing.”

No comments:

Post a Comment