Monday, August 17, 2020

NYC Is Dead Forever. Here’s Why

 
  The Schulman Theater on Broadway on a Friday evening.

A detailed, in depth analysis of why New York City will not be able to 'rebound' from the lockdown and the economic consequences, written by a native who loves NYC.

I love NYC. When I first moved to NYC it was a dream come true. Every corner was like a theater production happening right in front of me. So much personality, so many stories.

Every subculture I loved was in NYC. I could play chess all day and night. I could go to comedy clubs. I could start any type of business. I could meet people. I had family, friends, opportunities. No matter what happened to me, NYC was a net I could fall back on and bounce back up. Now it's completely dead. "But NYC always always bounces back." No. Not this time. "But NYC is the center of the financial universe. Opportunities will flourish here again." Not this time.

"NYC has experienced worse". No it hasn't. 


No comments:

Post a Comment