Friday, April 16, 2021

The Deadly Continuum

 The Deadly Force Continuum - The Organic Prepper | Force, Continuum, Prepper

They are only slapping you in the face with a feces soaked rag, because you let them.

The first lesson of my young life, about five or six years old, was that people, including brothers, will do to you whatever you allow them to do. Some are bound by a sense of decency, like a brother might be, but below that line, all's fair.

When I stood up for myself, even if he still pinned me and threatened to put bugs in my mouth until I relented, it became harder and harder for him to do so without a welt, bruise or his blood on himself. This was NOT an abusive relationship, it was an important teaching relationship. My brother was neither cruel, nor evil, he was just an older brother and when we occasionally had a conflict over something, it would come down to whoever was stronger, or, in some cases had more leverage. It made me stronger, tougher and when we got into conflicts with neighbor kids, we were a stronger and tougher team to contend with, because of it. 

More @ 12 Round

No comments:

Post a Comment