Here it is again, UN Day on October 24. This year the United Nations Association of the USA, along with others, is celebrating the 67th anniversary of when the United Nations Charter went into effect. Once again, the United Nations Association is asking its chapters and members to: (1) write to their governors to ask them to proclaim October 24 as UN Day; and (2) write letters to their congressmen asking them to support full funding for the UN.
On the other hand, The John Birch Society has been warning about the threat to our national sovereignty posed by the UN ever since our founding meeting in December 1958. There's a good chance you've seen one of our signs with our Get US out! slogan.
We've just produced a new educational tool for this long-standing action campaign, "United Nations: On the Brink of Becoming a World Government." You can read this article online or buy reprints of it for distribution to others.
The subtitle of the article says it all. The UN is really on the brink of becoming a world government. And that means we're on the brink of losing our national independence and our personal freedoms. Be sure to read this new article. It is complete with maps and photos of UN installations around the world.
Another new educational tool is the recently released, entertaining, but very eye-opening film exposé, U.N. Me, on DVD. Click here to see the official theatrical trailer. Click here to buy U.N. Me on DVD. Show it to friends and opinion-molders in your sphere of influence. It will even create doubts about the UN in the minds of your liberal friends.
Here's Your Action Plan for UN Day
- Send an email message to your governor (with copies to your lieutenant governor, attorney general, and state legislators) urging him or her not to proclaim October 24 as UN Day.
- Send an email message to your representative and senators in Congress urging them to work for passage of a bill to end our nation's membership in the United Nations modeled on Ron Paul's bill, H.R. 1146.
- Order reprints of "United Nations: On the Brink of Becoming a World Government" for sending a copy to your governor and for distribution to others.
- Order the U.N. Me DVD for educating others about the need to Get US out!
- For further free information and action tools go to our JBS.org Get US out! of the United Nations action page.
- To buy Get US out! books, videos, bumper stickers, etc., go to our ShopJBS Get US out! of the UN page.
Your Friends at The John Birch Society