Saturday, September 26, 2015

We’re Sorry For Producing Our Cisgendered Son

Via David

https://abagond.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/genderpriv.jpg?w=500

As a straight, white, cisgender male, I don’t face the challenges that many women, minorities, or genderqueer do on a daily basis. My life is easy. I benefit from a patriarchal system that lends power and privilege to individuals with my characteristics. While I didn’t ask for it, it is my duty to own it. I want to preface this article by acknowledging my privilege, and apologizing beforehand if I step out of line, or any of the following causes offense.

Despite my privilege, even I am faced with challenges. While my challenges do not hold a candle to say, my partner Gwendalin’s (though we are lawfully married, we prefer not to use the traditional identifiers of “man” or “wife,” as they carry connotations of patriarchal ownership and rape culture) even the most underprivileged in our societal system, who are victims of white corporate oppression, may sympathize. I’m speaking, of course, about the disappointment of raising a child who subscribes to the traditional gender binary.

Gwen and I, despite our best efforts, are currently the parents of a cisgendered son.

A Night to Remember 

More @ The Federalist

7 comments:

  1. I can't tell if this is parody or real and I don't want to click to find out the later is true... *frown*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Guaranteed that there are some liberals who think like this though.

      Delete
  2. What a shrumk... There is little hope for most people. I have privilege because I am a white normal male and I have a plan, I have intelligence and am nice to people until it is time not to be nice to them ( Shameless use of a Patrick Swayze quote from Road House) I am not the richest or best looking man. I have a brain and know how to use it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nice to people until it is time not to be nice to them

      Reminds me of this though you may have already seen it.

      Southerners Will Be Polite Up To The Moment They Kill You
      http://www.namsouth.com/viewtopic.php?t=2780&highlight=bazz

      Delete
    2. Amen, Cederq, five stars and two thumbs up to you.

      Delete
  3. OT (sorta):

    http://www.infowars.com/feminists-vs-facts-logic-this-is-gonna-get-ugly/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. http://freenorthcarolina.blogspot.com/2015/09/feminists-vs-facts-logic-this-is-gonna.html

      Delete