Tuesday, December 18, 2012

NRA releases statement on Conn. shooting


VERBATIM

The National Rifle Association has put out a statement saying it is "prepared to offer meaningful contributions" to prevent more violence like that which occurred in Newtown, Conn., last week. The organization said it will hold a news conference in the Washington, D.C., area on Friday.

Additionally, the organization broke its silence on social media, and put its Facebook page back up Tuesday afternoon, timed to the statement's release. The page had been down for several days following the shooting. The NRA also posted a Tweet Tuesday for the first time since Friday, linking to the statement.

The statement reads:

"The National Rifle Association of America is made up of four million moms and dads, sons and daughters – and we were shocked, saddened and heartbroken by the news of the horrific and senseless murders in Newtown.

"Out of respect for the families, and as a matter of common decency, we have given time for mourning, prayer and a full investigation of the facts before commenting.

"The NRA is prepared to offer meaningful contributions to help make sure this never happens again.

"The NRA is planning to hold a major news conference in the Washington, DC area on Friday, December 21.

"Details will be released to the media at the appropriate time."

Good luck unless we get rid of the gun free zones, arm those who wish in the schools and probably have one armed cop at each.

12 comments:

  1. Heston is rolling over so much he is wearing out the ball bearing in his casket.

    Once again the NRA will sell out. I have no use for them anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heston is rolling over so much he is wearing out the ball bearing in his casket.

      Hope he's got his gun with him.:)

      Delete
  2. "prepared to offer meaningful contributions"

    A subtle way of saying they will side with the government yet again and we the people will lose more of our rights.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No doubt, but GOA came out forcefully.

      They Have Blood On their Hands
      http://freenorthcarolina.blogspot.com/2012/12/they-have-blood-on-their-hands.html

      Delete
  3. Old men like me, at least the ones who can still walk, are on the sidewalks here every day. Most would take a bullet for a child. In the back of my head for sometime there has been the idea of a Brigade of Old Ones, guarding the schools, churches, and shopping malls. There is no age limit on concealed carry in Colorado, or anywhere that I know of. My generation slipped through the war crack and relatively few saw combat. Men ten years older than I were in WW II and men ten years younger were in Vietman. Korea caught some of my generation who didn't go to college. There should be some real service we could perform in our remaining days. I feel that just being there would make a big difference.

    Many of my family and friends suspect that I'm just the fool-over-the-hill, and maybe I am. But I'm not dead yet and I'm going to stay in the game 'till the whistle blows for me. I suspect I am far from being alone. Charlton Heston was a hero of mine and he never quit until Alzheimers brought him down. My mother went with Alheimers and I expect I may also. A really great heavy drinking poet once wrote,

    "Do not go gentle into that good night,
    Old age should burn and rage at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
    Because their words had forked no lightning they
    Do not go gentle into that good night.

    Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
    Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

    Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
    And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,
    Do not go gentle into that good night.

    Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
    Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

    And you, my father, there on the sad height,
    Curse, bless me now with your fierce tears, I pray.
    Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always loved that poem. I thought you were in charge of the wheelchair militia:)

      Delete
    2. I have no secrets any more so you might as well know that I have been taking Nugenix for two months and the legs are strangely getting stronger. This is an herbal concoction, not a pharmaceutical, which I would never mention.

      Delete
  4. It may be a fart in a thunderstorm, but I emailed the ILA a few minutes ago asking that they stand up for us on Friday, downgrade Joe Manchin to a D or F, and negatively score votes for any new restrictions.

    At least I can say I tried.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm an NRA lifer. What a mistake. That pussy LaPierre should have.told those Facebook posters to "bring it on". Instead he turned tail. To hell with the NRA and LaPierre. No more than an org of cowards and compromisers.

    DAN III

    ReplyDelete