Sunday, March 10, 2013

Rand Paul on Filibuster: I'm Just Getting Started

 

After filibustering the nomination of John Brennan to head the CIA for nearly 13 hours Wednesday, Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) said he was just beginning his fight to restrain the executive branch, demand more transparency, and ensure the U.S. government does not use drones to kill U.S. citizens on American soil in violation of the Constitution. 

 

Paul, in a Friday op-ed in the Washington Post, wrote that while the Senate eventually confirmed John Brennan as director of the CIA, "this debate isn’t over."

"The Senate has the power to restrain the executive branch — and my filibuster was the beginning of the fight to restore a healthy balance of powers," Paul wrote.

He said President Barack Obama "still needs to definitively say that the United States will not kill American noncombatants," because the "Constitution’s Fifth Amendment applies to all Americans; there are no exceptions."

Paul said he wanted to "sound an alarm bell from coast to coast" with his filibuster to let everybody "know that our Constitution is precious and that no American should be killed by a drone without first being charged with a crime."

More @ Breitbart

4 comments:

  1. I swear I believe he alone is representing me at the national level and I didn't even get to vote for him. The Judd bimbo, Ashley intends to bare her boobs and beat him out for his job. There is no shortage of boobs in Washington in either party. Rand flushed the two big R-boobs out with his filibuster. I pray he stays safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I doubt he's going anywhere, famous last words. The latest poll I can find has him at 53% back in September. I imagine he's higher now, subject to whatever dirty deeds the Collectivists can come up with to discredit him:)

      Delete
  2. All polls are invalid unless they ask me. Heh.

    ReplyDelete