Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Types of real survivalists: 4. The good boss

 https://westernrifleshooters.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/welcome-to-hell-2.jpg

Just quick reminder in this series of posts I write about typical types of survivalists I came across during my time in war. I speak in detail about complete time in my online course.

Today is about typical leader who knew how to handle our survival situation during war.

He was police officer, we called him “boss” because his look and stand, he had 30 years of service and I do not think that he used a gun too much, but he had a palm like a shovel and he used that a lot dealing with problematic teenagers.

Grumpy guy with who you do not want to have too much business, and if you get caught for some minor thing, theft or whatever, he did not talk to much with you, but his look talked stories, and his hands too. He gave people justice on spot and got respect for that too. He made difference for our neighborhood and was type of police officer that in my opinion does not exist today anymore.

He and his colleagues had a patrol in better part of the city when SHTF, and in the beginning they tried to make some sense in all that, restore order, but when they saw that ambulance vehicle on call gets shredded with shots they realized that a new time had come.

More @ SHTF School

6 comments:

  1. I've been reading SHTF for a while and think the writer ought to go on tour. Re-invent the early American Chautauquas. Of course, Colorado has a Chautauqua Resort Center at Boulder, which would never allow him to speak. Hah. But, Former U.S. President Theodore Roosevelt was quoted as saying that Chautauqua is "the most American thing in America."

    In the last two days I re-watched a Colorado movie, "Red Dawn", still a classic, and a marvelous new movie, "The Five Day War."

    In both movies the Russians were the bad guys and Patrick Swayze and Jennifer Grey who made "Dirty Dancing" at my old fishing hole, Lake Lure, NC and my old swimming hole, Mountain Lake, VA starred in Red Dawn. Andy Garcia, fatter than Vincent Corleone in Godfather 4,and my daughter's personal favorite, Val Kilmer, a whole lot fatter than Doc Holliday in Tombstone, had cameo roles in Five Day War. I highly recommend all four of these movies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll check it out. Kilmer was excellent in Tombstone, though I understand he is anti-gun.:)

      Delete
  2. That's the second thing today I didn't want to know. Are you obsessed with truth? Hah. I was actually asked that once.

    ReplyDelete
  3. An engineering group leader whose name I can't come up with. About 1959. He's another jerk I have outlived.

    ReplyDelete