Monday, December 2, 2013

Let’s Discuss the Iran Deal

 http://cdn.timesofisrael.com/uploads/2012/04/Mideast-Iran_Horo.jpg

I was away for Thanksgiving so please excuse the recent lack of posts. Let’s get things started back up by discussing the Iran deal, which has already come up in a different thread anyway.

First of all, I’m glad there was a deal. I think a deal makes war with Iran less likely, not more, despite the objections of the war hawks that it makes war more likely. The reason they don’t like the deal is because they really don’t believe it makes war more likely and war is what they want. If they really thought it made war more likely then they would be cynically cheering it on.

That said, the deal irks me on a visceral level because I reject the premise upon which it is based.

No comments:

Post a Comment