Friday, February 14, 2014

NC: Rhonda Renee Sutton Bryant Is Guilty And Her Lack of Integrity Shouldn’t Impede Justice

Via comment by Braggwife on Victims' families in Texas 'affluenza' case outrag...

 
He was using two canes, one hidden behind me, but he is down to one now, and soon he will get running legs! Not having a knee is really, really, REALLY (REALLY!) hard, and his determination and resilience are amazing!
 
My husband Jeremy’s devastating, senseless, and preventable injuries (see story here) are a testimony to why the offender’s actions should be punished. This is not just a matter of fairness – it is a test of the integrity of our judicial system.
 
Jeremy is a pretty private guy, so going public with our story is uncomfortable but socially responsible. It is our civic duty to reach people by opening ourselves up in order to educate the fact that intoxicated driving laws need to be stricter and enforced. 
 
There is a disconnect between punishment for this crime and Jeremy’s lifelong, life-changing injuries.
Let’s be clear, here, that Rhonda Renee Sutton Bryant’s actual guilt and responsibility due to her choices and wrongness of actions are without question. She committed the crimes. She is to blame.

She had clear and total liability. Jeremy was an innocent bystander in our front yard preparing to go fishing. The proof of her guilt was witnessed by our neighbors and the dozens of law enforcement and emergency providers on the scene. She was stuck but not crushed in the driver’s seat of her car for the entire hour that I was forced to watch Jeremy’s struggle to stay conscious and live through utter agony while he was stuck and maimed between the hood of her car (smelling his own flesh burning on her engine) and the bumper of his truck.

I know that she was uninjured because none of the emergency personnel on the scene treated her while they were trying to extract Jeremy and keep him alive. They let her remain seated in an obvious stupor. I am certain that they evaluated her condition upon arrival at the scene and judged her intoxicated but physically fine.

More @ Bragg Wife

2 comments:

  1. I just can't not, tell you how many times I have prayed to thank my Father for saving so many innocent lives from my own carelessness. Every day that I think of the countless number of lives destroyed or murdered when I read such postings and news letters like the one here...I absolutely shudder to think how fortunate so many are that I too, had not destroyed their lives, or worse yet, rob them of their lives.
    It didn't take AAA meetings, family, friends nor strangers to make me realize just how dangerous I was, and haven't touched a drop since 2003.
    It took a story like this brave young couple to throw the cold harsh reality of how utterly lawless I was, every time I got behind the wheel of my auto drunk, and placed it upon the highway!
    Anyone, including myself who hurts another in this manner, deserves no leniency, none what so ever, and should be given the strictest and harshest punishment possible given by our laws and justice system, and if they aren't strict enough, they should be!
    This could have been one of my victims...

    ReplyDelete