Thursday, March 13, 2014

Friends of Bad Eagle


 David Yeagley
 David Yeagley is the great-great-grandson of Comanche leader Bad Eagle.
 

Dear Friends of Bad Eagle,

On behalf of the Yeagley family, I am sorry to inform you that David passed away early yesterday morning, March 11, 2014.

We await the glorious resurrection when we shall see him again.

A memorial service is planned for Friday, March 14 at 3:00 pm at Oklahoma City Central Seventh-day Adventist Church located at 4747 NW 63rd St.

The family plans to hold a second memorial service in Oklahoma City in the future, details to be posted at a later date.

Messages for the family may be posted online via the Chapel Hill Funeral Home website:

More @ Bad Eagle

*****************************

http://www.badeagle.com/badeagle/YeaWayne2.jpg


It’s A Warrior Thing. You Wouldn’t Understand.

WE INDIANS are supposed to hate the white man. Everyone tells me this. I’ve heard it from whites, blacks and even from Indians. Well, folks, I hate to disappoint you, but I like white people just fine.

To tell the truth, I rather admire them and their fascinating history. Oh, I know what you’re thinking. "Yeagley! How can you say that? How can you admire a people who slaughtered your ancestors, gave smallpox to those left alive, herded them onto reservations, made them all drunks, and as the final indignity sold their turquoise mines to the Japanese?" Well, the way I figure it, anyone who could whip our Indian behinds like the white man did deserves our highest respect. And anyone who can whip a Comanche (my tribe) deserves the Medal of Honor. I admire a man who can beat me. I dare say, deep inside all Indians at least those who are still warriors at heart there is a special admiration for the white man. 


More articles @  David Yeagley

No comments:

Post a Comment