Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Eighty Percent of Students Shouldn't Be in College

Va comment by Quartermain on German Citizens Set Fire to Asylum Center Causing ...

 http://www.dark-bid.com/Images/Bachelor-Degree-Labor.jpeg

I was actually shocked my first semester in college. I was hoping for smarter kids, but I met smarter ones in high school. One of my friends told me, "I thought I'd run across kids who discussed Kant, but was I surprised."

I wouldn't go so far as Sturgeon's Law ("90% of everything is crap") but I'd support Pareto's 80/20 Rule (as in "Eighty percent of students shouldn't be in college").

I attended two universities and the last one was the largest producers of education students in a very large state. I never met a smart Education major except a friend of mine - and he went on to get a M.A. in Economics. The rest of the students, who were all girls, weren't much smarter than rocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment