Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Canada: SHRC Confederate Flag Complaint, Conclusion?


https://nationalpostcom.files.wordpress.com/2015/07/dale_pippin_ldr001.jpg?w=620&h=413

Another Canadian cousin.

I filed a Human Rights complaint regarding the Confederate flag as an example of logic, integrity, ethics, and morals. I called and held a brief discussion with a Saskatchewan Human Rights Commission (SHRC) staff member. Sometimes a discussion might lead me to filing a complaint, while most times I leave with a better understanding for part of the Human Rights Code of Canada and it's interpretation. In this particular instance I was not willing to mediate nor negotiate. Due to a recommendation of a SRHC staff member I filed a complaint. Human rights have been a lifelong interest and passion my entire life.

Despite any intelligent conversation I had with or a genuine recommendation by the SRHC staff member, I fully expected my complaint to be tossed in the trash immediately.

I posted the initial complaint on this blog to gain media and public attention to a serious matter. When the media campaign of bias hate stories started providing false education and information against the Confederate flag I decided to push back. I have never in my life heard of such hate and disgusting disrespect to any soldier of any war- as a Confederate soldier. It is absolutely clear that a person cannot take pride in the Confederate flag nor southern heritage without mass public confusion and/or accusation of racism.

2 comments: