Saturday, April 23, 2016

Maine Governor GOES OFF on Ted Cruz Camp for Stealing Trump Delegates

Via Billy

 paul lepage trump

Ted Cruz’s campaign faced more allegations of dirty tricks after the Maine governor, Paul LePage, took to Facebook to condemn the Texas senator’s campaign as being run by “greedy political hooligans.”

The fiery and controversial governor claimed on Friday that the Trump and Cruz campaigns had previously reached a “unity deal” to elect delegates to the national convention in proportion to results of the Pine Tree state’s 5 March caucuses.

Such an allocation would deliver 12 Cruz delegates, nine for Trump and two for John Kasich, the Ohio governor.

However, LePage, a Trump supporter, said on the eve of Maine’s state convention that the Cruz campaign had reneged on the deal, believing they could fill all 20 elected delegate slots on the ballot. “I can’t stand by and watch as Cruz and the Republican establishment forcibly overrule the votes of Mainers who chose Trump and Kasich,” said LePage.

4 comments:

  1. I hoped that Cruz would have joined with Trump. But after trying to steal delegates, perhaps it is best this way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They had an earlier secret meeting and it looked like Trump offered him the VP. Back then, Cruz never said anything negative about Trump and Trump admitted he liked Cruz, but if he became a close contender, he would go after him. The PTB obviously offered Cruz something better. I imagine Cruz broke his word to Trump. Speaking of broken words, I put my RV up for sale and three people wanted to buy it the same day and one offered full price which I accepted on a hand shake, well you can guess what happened next. I should have remembered I was in CA not the South.c

      Delete
  2. I also have had people break their word with me which was a surprise, not in a happy way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This may end up costing me $1.5K, but we shall see.

      Delete