Thursday, May 25, 2017

Sometimes, You Deserve It


 Lies of Omission

My duty was to deliver a DVD of Lies of Omission to Larry Pratt, then, on the way to the screening on May 20th in Canon City, CO, I wanted to stop by David Codrea and one of our producers Eben Hawkins. Eben has been a stalwart and a dedicated part of this film. I looked forward to meeting him and talking about the film, letting him have his say as to what he thought could be better.

Eben and I spent some time roaming the hills where he lives, checking out coal mines and oil wells. A new puppy was being brought along on behavior, we had some breakfast and watched Lies of Omission. Some constructive criticism was exchanged and finally, we parted ways.

I called to see if David Codrea would be able to see me and watch the film. When he responded that he would I headed in that direction, a few hours further on and I arrived at his house. We had some single-malt and  a great conversation with his two bright and inquisitive sons. It was one of those evenings that stay with me long into my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment