Friday, August 30, 2013

NY State Assemblyman wants Al-Qaeda spokeschannel, ‘Al-Jazeera,’ dropped from U.S. cable TV packages

Via LH

6a00d8341c60bf53ef017d3f6dcfdb970c-600wi


WAMC  Al Jazeera America began broadcasting in the U.S. August 20. Assemblyman Kieran Lalor, a Fishkill Republican, says constituents began calling and emailing him, saying they were offended that Al Jazeera programming was part of a basic pre-paid package. He says he then stumbled across the channel while searching for a Yankees game at a family barbeque.

 

Lalor, a Marine Corps veteran of Operation Iraqi Freedom, says he has written to executives at Verizon, which is his provider, Comcast, DirecTV, and Dish Network, asking them to drop Al Jazeera America from their basic cable packages.He says he purposely chose the anniversary of the September 11th terrorist attacks as the deadline for cable companies to remove Al Jazeera from the package.

 

Lalor says if Al Jazeera America is not removed from basic cable packages by September 11, he will lead a boycott of the providers.

More @ Bare Naked Islam

 

8 comments:

  1. The last few days our tv has been bombarded with commercials for al jazeera, annoys me to no end.

    I think my computer gremlin is going to let me post this.....

    Miss Violet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thanks and I stay away from that beast except for TCM, drag racing and classic car shows.:)

      Delete
  2. ;)Yes Sir.
    What is TCM?
    Not much for drag racing but I enjoy looking at the classic cars.
    I like Big Bang Theory because it make me laugh and I like to laugh. I also like to cook and bake so I'll watch anything with Alton Brown in it, he makes me laugh while he cooks. ;) That is if it isn't on Food Network, I boycott them since they shanked Paula Deene. I also like Texas Country Reporter. Truth be said though, I can take tv or leave it, most of the time leave it. I would get rid of the tv if I lived alone.
    Miss Violet

    ReplyDelete
  3. But of course, mon ami.;)I'm sure I've messed that up somehow ;)but you know what I mean.
    Yeah, the classic movies are good, I like the ones from the 4o's...it's just that Ted Turner is such a communist....;) see, I might as well be a hermit in the mountains because I have to boycot everything that annoys me, lol!
    Miss V

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) & to think he portrayed a Confederate officer in G&G.

      Delete
  4. I was born in 1052 and grew up having and watching television my whole life. Up until I pulled the plug I never imagined my world without the box in the background. At first it was different and strange. However soon not having that distraction became normal. Now I read more, listen to music, I write, I get into the shop and build things again life is better. Being an old fart the shows on were just trash and sleaze I did now want to watch. In the end I only watched about 7 of my 200 available channels. If I could find some of them I would watch again. I did enjoy The Military Channel, Speed for the car shows, TMC for the classic movies, The History Channels, The Learning Channel and The Food Network. That was the extent of my television viewing. My choice is not for everyone but for us it works.

    Badger

    ReplyDelete