Monday, March 24, 2014

AK-47 Hog Blaster – The Ultimate Counter Insurgency Weapon

 cover

A rancher I know in Florida has a pig problem.  He invited the GunsAmerica staff to help in his eradication efforts, and I was more than willing to oblige.  I’d never hunted hogs, but have yet to find a part of the pig I didn’t like to eat.  And because I review guns, I asked a simple question: “what is the best gun for hunting hogs?”  Everyone seems to have a different opinion.

Some prefer the compact design and rapid-fire potential of the AR-15. Others leaned toward the power and range of the .30-06 and .308s. Those who’ve hunted with a good 6.8 spc were passionate about the caliber’s performance. No one mentioned 7.62×39, much less the venerable AK platform’s design. As one who prefers the Kalashnikov over the Stoner, I knew what I was going to take. And now, after the hunt, I’d put my AK up against the biggest hogs south Florida has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment