Friday, December 5, 2014

Repost: Warriors deserve such. Age: 13; Sex: Boy; Occupation: VC hunter

I just received comments from a Vietnamese on this post and thought I would put it up again.


Ta Thai Manh, at 15 the youngest member of the Vietnamese Rangers, smokes a cigarette as he waits for transportation to take him to an aid station after he was wounded in action in the Cholon section of Saigon May 6th. The youngster has another distinction besides his age: in March he was given a medal for helping capture seven Viet Cong. 

 I can't find any more information after this one above when he was 15.  Be nice to find out he made it another 5 years and was alive and well.

Comments below.



2 comments:

  1. The will of thise defending their homeland is more powerful than the desire of those trying to conquer it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could trace him down, but must assume he was killed later on.

      Delete