Saturday, June 1, 2013

Jesse Ventura for president 2016?


 

Former Gov. Jesse Ventura is toying with the idea of running for president in 2016.

Ventura returned from his winter home in Mexico last week, and during a stop Friday at the state Capitol, he floated a trial balloon for a White House bid.

He told reporters 2016 will be an "opportune moment" for an independent presidential candidate because no incumbent will be running and the public is fed up with the two major parties.

"If I were to decide -- and I haven't, and may not -- I believe one issue would carry me to victory," he said. "I would give the people of America their first opportunity to elect a president who doesn't belong to a political party since George Washington."

In addition to being an independent, Ventura said, the key to having a shot at winning is having the "ability to rise above the mainstream and get the press, which I have never had a problem doing. You guys like me, I guess."
                                                                   More @ Twin Cities

7 comments:

  1. His only similarity to George Washington is not belonging to a party.I used to be Ventura fan years ago then I found out what a nasty libtard he really is.Maybe one too many bodyslams. I could never vote for this piece of crap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't followed him. Just remember his stance against the TSA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Jesse but would never vote for him. He is great to stir the pot but he simply does not have the experience to be President. I mean we have one novice now and look at the results.

    Badger

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A novice purposelessly bankrupting the US for his Communist religion.

      Delete
  4. Suing a dead Navy SEAL's wife (Mrs. Kyle) is not a good way to start a presidential campaign.

    ReplyDelete