Sunday, January 12, 2014

NC: William Derek Church; the Round Ranger

Derek Church3

I reported this to Mary @ The P.O.W. Network.  She did a lot to bust Churchill which made my day.  Don't know if it's the same Mary as below, but twice is better than none. :) I did search the site and his name didn't come up.

I’ve been giggling like a little girl since I sent this guy to Mary a few weeks ago. He’s like “The Round Marine” and Paul Tillson rolled into one. But his name is William Derek Church (he goes by Derek Church) and these are pictures from his wedding, I guess. He’s on Facebook somewhere, but I can’t find him. You can tell he’s legit because he doesn’t care that his Ranger beret is dressed over the wrong eye, and he wears the full-sized Purple Heart on the wrong side of his uniform.

He’s a steely-eyed killer who can’t be bothered with details like getting his drawers tailored. Yes, that’s a Ranger scroll with no tab on left shoulder;

5 comments:

  1. He reminds me of Benny Hill doing a skit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No 13th Abn Div combat patch? I guess he was in a hurry and couldn't find one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah and he ought to make himself a 1st SGT also. :) Patches probably cost about the same..............

      Delete
  3. No 13th Abn Div combat patch? I guess he was in a hurry and couldn't find one.

    ReplyDelete