Sunday, March 16, 2014

Ares Armor Raided By ATF For Customer Files

http://cdn.bearingarms.com/uploads/2014/03/lower-e1394734983205.png

Trickery, trickery.

It appears that despite the judge granting the TRO on Wednesday, yesterday the ATF went to the judge ex parte (meaning without the other side, in this case Ares, being present), and got a “clarification” of the prior TRO. This “clarification” seems to give them the green light to apply for a “lawful search”.

IMHO, in order to have a change between Wednesday when the original TRO was granted, the ATF would have had to have alleged Ares was about to get rid of records and that they, the ATF had emergent reasons for going in now rather than waiting till the full hearing that was scheduled for March 20.

More with video @ Weasel Zippers

8 comments:

  1. I hope they were smart enough to put everything on zip drives and or had no paper trail and took their hard drives. On another note I talked my brother out of buying one of these lower set ups because this was going to happen. Just 6 months ago I said it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started to buy one of those and never did. Now I kind of wish I had. I'm pretty sure I'm already on the "list" for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dixie won one from III Arms at last year's Fall PATCON.

      Delete
  3. Has nothing to do with it Brock. They did it because they know they can get away with it. I watched the videos. A trained team of 3 could have taken the entry team out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if you saw my other post, but in case you didn't:

      I believe this is the gunstore where one of my son-in-laws says they have lower receiver parties where many come and do it at one time. Sounds like fun.:)
      http://freenorthcarolina.blogspot.com/2014/03/gun-store-owner-refuses-to-give-feds.html

      Delete
  4. Perfectly legal if all the gun store does is sell parts, loan tools and give advice.
    If they actually help you do the build (as I understand it) it's illegal. Put their hands on it and physically help I mean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A brother-in-law in California told me how they do it and I asked David who is a gun dealer here in NC to check it out. I told him that the shop set up the lower and all the owner had to do was push the button. David inquired, came back and said that this was legal.

      Delete