Sunday, March 16, 2014

Responding to Conservative Critics: Coalitions are Key

http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_content_width/hash/0f/01/0f01147f14bf30571afb82cb2daccf5f.jpg?itok=XJwAoY_d
 Uwe and Hannelore Romeike, center middle, and their six children stand with Michael Farris and other members of their legal team of the Home School Legal Defense Association

A swirl of conspiratorial allegations have been leveled against me by various opponents of my efforts to seek a Convention of States under Article V of the Constitution.  One might reasonably hope that my 34 years of public service in the conservative movement might be answer enough to these wild allegations, but some people seem to believe anything they read.

I intend to make a once-for-all statement to these conspiracy theorists.  I do not promise to respond to this crowd again—unless necessary in the context of defending myself against outright defamation.

I will begin by pointing out that one group of my current detractors, the John Birch Society, called me a “Constitutional Champion” on March 25, 2011 in an article prominently featured on their website.
Two things have changed since these accolades:

No comments:

Post a Comment