Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Citadel PatCom AAR #1


Jim Miller took the above photograph one evening this weekend from the III Arms / Citadel Beachhead.

Please forgive any incoherent writing in this post, I am dead-on-my-feet exhausted, from one of the best weekends of my entire life.  I'll post more AARs and pictures from the weekend, but I wanted to give you all a thumbnail sketch this evening.

First of all: We were blessed to have a group of Patriots who are, to every man and woman, people any Patriot would treasure as a neighbor.  These are solid, smart, thinking, kind Americans, all with mettle.  I do not have the writing skills to convey just how "tight" this group was from the first arrival to the last departure.  We all "clicked".  Some of us knew one another from previous meetings beyond the digital world, some of us "knew" one another from our online community, and a few folks knew none of us, they read about our event in local media and decided to drop in to say "Hi".  Holly and I had a feeling of family through the entire weekend - and good family, not the in-laws you dread seeing at Thanksgiving and Christmas.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment