Thursday, June 11, 2015

45th Annual Florida Division SCV Reunion

http://www.florida-scv.org/images/videolinkpic.jpg

Hello, friends!

I want to begin by apologizing for the absence of reports and updates of late. Like many of you, April and May have been busy ones for us, with Confederate History and Heritage month in April, Memorial Day activities in May, and our ongoing Heritage Defense and roadside Battle Flag projects.  Typically, we like to send 1 or 2 updates a week.  I have received several requests for and inquiries about missing reports and updates, so I will be getting those out over the next few days, and ask for your patience as we play" catch up".

This weekend, I had the pleasure and honor of attending the 45th annual Florida Division, SCV Reunion in Ocala, Florida.  I was thrilled to see many old friends, and enjoyed meeting and making new ones!  It was my privilege, in 2012, to attend the raising of the World's Largest Third National Confederate Flag in Tampa.  That experience was one of the catalysts that inspired me to begin the flag raising efforts that led to the 6 new Battle Flags that have been raised in Virginia since, so I was very excited to receive the invitation to attend and address the assembly.

No comments:

Post a Comment